"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stella McCartney Fall 2011

Wow, this was a stunner for Stella. I am a fan of hers, but this blew my mind. I honestly didn't think she had it in her, but she proved me wrong. Everything is just perfect. The fabric, the cut, the heavy shoulders...at first I wasn't sure about the oversized shoulders, but I really like them now. I think they are very inventive and new, and I will for sure be taking advantage of the trend come Fall!

Again we see sheer, and cut out sheer at that. Love it, I love that innocent preppy girl with a sex appeal look. I also love lace with sheer. Polka dots are big next fall, and so is velvet. The shoes are pretty great, remind me of Lanvin. I am seeing a lot of flats on the runway, and less and less heels on the streets of NY. Could this be an anti-heel revolution? I myself have stopped wearing them so often. Flats are great, and brogues are even better. Loafers, oxfords, and boots are also acceptable formal wear now, you can pretty much wear anything with them. 



Images Courtesy of Vogue.com